Chat with us, powered by LiveChat
Register your Interest

An EU trade deal has been agreed which means businesses do not have to pay duty on exports to the EU. However, from 1 January 2021 there are still new processes relating to customs declarations and VAT that apply to all exports.

A GB EORI number will be needed to send goods from Great Britain. If you are sending your goods to Northern Ireland you will also require an XI EORI number.  Additionally, depending on the INCOTERMS you agree, if you are responsible for completing the customs declarations in any other EU member state, you will also need an EU EORI number.

Some changes will be introduced which affect the labelling and trade marking of certain products. Similarly, health certificates will be introduced when certain products are exported.

Key Steps

Decide whether you will complete customs declarations yourself or employ a customs agent or freight forwarder to make the declarations on your business’s behalf.

Check whether your product requires any labelling amendments or an export health certificate.

Ensure all wood packaging material has been treated and marked in compliance with international standards.

Key Updates & Links

To obtain a UK EORI number, click here.

Use the online toolkit for customs procedures relating to your product.  For the toolkit click here.

If you plan on exporting to Northern Ireland, sign up for the Traders Support Service here.

For “How to export goods from GB into the EU from January 2021” flowchart, click here

Check out our events page to register for any EU Events.

Use the Brexit Checker Tool.

Still have questions, call us on 01642 662778

Email us