About EMCONF – presented by The Engineering and Manufacturing Network
The conference will consist of a keynote, a discussion between the North East and Tees Valley Local Enterprise Partnerships as to their part in supporting the recovery process and how the local authorities are driving regeneration and recovery in their own areas. Looking at the future and pointing our businesses toward the horizon to create positive outcomes.
The morning will commence at 10am and conclude before 12pm. There will also be opportunity to raise questions which will be fielded on the day. They are welcoming such questions in advance so the presenters can address these in a more methodical manner – so please let them know your burning issues.
The agenda will be;
- Chairman – Jim Imrie
- Keynote – Driving Recovery
- The role of the Local Enterprise Partnership – Mike Matthews MBE (Tees Valley), Andrew Hodgson (North East) & David Land (EMN Chair)
- The view of the future – Amy Harhoff (Corporate Director of Regeneration, Economy and Growth)
Driving Recovery Keynote Addresses
- Owning and operating a business brings with it an attachment to the core values and people employed. The business is your livelihood and something that in many cases has been built from the ground up or developed over an extended period of time. In challenging times creating change with the purpose of driving recovery can be hard as its lived 24/7 by the owner operator and we cannot deny that we are in a period of change. We are therefore very happy to introduce Richard Bradley, co-owner and financial director of Dyer Engineering, one of the regions best known smes in the engineering & manufacturing sector to provide his take on this critical subject.
- Sometimes companies reach a point where turnaround is required and a specialist is needed with the ability to take a business from its current position into a one of financial stability, driving recovery to a point where it can build a new future on a stable footing. To discuss this we introduce Harry Moore, a highly experienced International Strategist and Corporate Turnaround Director having led business transformation teams at both KPMG and PwC. He was adviser to Coutts Bank of London and a senior adviser to the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development. His turnarounds include Silver Cross Prams Ltd, Collets International Booksellers plc, Apple Resellers – East Midlands and Romag Ltd.
We would encourage all business owners and related professionals to review the full speaker line-up by clicking the link below and registering for what has shaped up to be an excellent and timely morning of discussion around the critical topic of ‘Driving Recovery’ for our region.
Register here: https://bit.ly/2RRmO6g