The Government has placed all of England into a new National Lockdown, with restrictions now being eased since March 8 and then at four phases following this. See below for an overview of the phases or, for more information, click here.
- The current “stay at home order” will remain in place.
- All schools and further education colleges will reopen, alongside breakfast and after-school clubs and children’s after school activities where necessary.
- Students at university courses requiring practical teaching in specialist facilities will also return. Other courses will remain online, with a target of a return to face-to-face learning after the Easter holidays.
- Recreational social interaction between two people – i.e. not purely for exercise – will be permitted outside.
- Care home residents will be able to nominate a single visitor.
- The end of the current “stay at home” order
- Outdoor gatherings of two households or under the previous “rule of six” will be permitted, including in private gardens.
- Outdoor sports facilities such as tennis or basketball courts will reopen and organised adult and children’s sport will be permitted.
- Non-essential retail reopens, including personal care services such as hairdressers.
- Outdoor hospitality will be permitted – including pubs and restaurants.
- Public buildings such as libraries and museums will reopen, as will zoos and theme parks.
- Indoor leisure – swimming pools and gyms – will reopen.
- Self-catering holiday accommodation and campsites will reopen. Domestic overnight stays will be permitted for households only.
- Weddings will be permitted with up to 15 people. Funerals will be permitted with up to 30 people.
- “Rule of six” abolished for outdoor gatherings, replaced with a limit of 30 people.
- Two households will be permitted to mix indoors – with the rule of six applied in hospitality settings.
- Organised indoor sport can resume.
- Cinemas and hotels will reopen with social distancing measures in place.
- Performances and sporting events resume – larger performances of up to 1000 or half venue capacity will be allowed indoors and 4,000 capacity or half full outdoors (whichever lowest). Up to 10,000 spectators will be permitted in larger outdoor seated venues.
- International travel recommences subject to review
- All limits on social contact removed.
- Nightclubs to reopen.